Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chance run-in

Don't you love those chance run-ins with an ex-beau? I sure do not. I love how they always catch you off-guard. The first initial reaction is to immediately stop eye contact, stare at the ground, and walk quickly past. Do you speak? Do you smile? Do you act as if he doesn't even exist? So many things go through your head during those quick seconds!

I love them when you're looking rockin. Do you know what I mean? Those days where you look perfectly put together with an amazing outfit on, a banging body shed of the pounds you may have accumulated while you were dating him and were involved in an emotional food bond, and every hair is put in place! Those are good run-ins. Those are the types you can say, "Ya, baby, you aren't getting any of this. So unfortunate."

Then, there are the days I had this past week. I looked awful. Woke up late. Threw on an easy outfit, and my hair in a pony. Didn't get to do the normal hair and makeup job I normally do. .... you get the point (we all have these days sometimes). Saw him.... got mad at myself for not looking hot. Knowing I probably won't see him in another 4 or 5 months, so from now until then I know he won't be looking back saying, "Wow, she looks amazing."

haha.... until the next run-in.

No comments: